Mission Northwest mission
"Resourcing and developing churches
that connect people to Jesus christ"
Mission Northwest vision
We believe in the priesthood of all believers, freedom of conscience, and the autonomy of the local church. Recognizing the inherent tension between autonomy and association, this “Vision Statement” and these “Commonly Held Essentials” describe what cooperating churches with Mission Northwest affirm and hold in common for our mutual affirmation and mission together.
Because Mission Northwest hold in common as essential:
- The grace of God, the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and the ministry of the Holy Spirit
- The authority of the Scripture
- The church of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The Great Commandment (Mark 12:29-31)
- And the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
We seek to
- Serve the local church by encouraging relationships, providing resources, and pursuing renewal
- Promote the priority of disciple-making through mission, evangelism, and care
- Foster the associating of local churches which value both their autonomy and mutual encouragement and accountability
- Reflect the Kingdom of God in obedience and love
All for the glory of God.
Our mission together falls under four landmarks:
- Church Transformation
- Church Planting
mission northwest Beliefs
The churches of the ABCNW adopted these statements at the Region Biennial in 2002. The Region Board made them Region Policy in 2003 at the behest of the churches.
mission northwest Commonly Held Essentials
We worship the triune God of the Bible, who is eternally one God in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We affirm that God is a sovereign over all and that His grace is uniquely expressed and realized through His incarnate Son, Jesus Christ. We affirm the Lordship of Christ over the world and the church. Jesus Christ is the only Savior and Lord, calling us to joyously surrender to His purpose and will.
mission northwest Resolution on Human Sexuality
Because we are all wounded and broken people in need of the healing power of God’s grace in Christ Jesus, and being aware of the confusion of voices pertaining to human sexuality, the following statement defines our common understanding for sexual behavior.
Our Common Call
This brochure provides a detailed overview of the various ministries conducted by the Region. We suggest using this resource to inform your congregation, church leaders or missions committee about the Region's work.